Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Handmade Gifts for Students

Are you looking for something cute, yet inexpensive to give to your students for the holidays?  Why not make them personalized ornaments?


I am one of those people that can never find anything with their name on it.  I mean it's not a very common name, so yeah, no personalized keychains for me.  So I decided to make something personalized for my students.


Granted, I have one of those Silhouette machines, so it made cutting the vinyl patterns easy peasy.  All I had to do was choose a design and create the name prints.  The Silhouette does all the cutting work.  Could you imagine having to cut all the intricate details by hand?

So I had glass balls that I wasn't using, and there were just enough for my class.  I also had the rest of the materials on hand; ribbon, and candy.


Now, if you don't have a vinyl cutter, you can always buy stickers from your local craft store.  Stickers have come a long, long way people!  Of course, buying them can become expensive so just be aware.

So basically you pull out the hanging clip thingy, I don't really know what that part is called, and you fill the ornament with whatever you want.  I filled mine with candy, but I've seen them filled with bath salts, confetti, hot chocolate mix, or even notes.  I used candy M&Ms because that's what I had on hand already.

When you've filled the ornament enough, you can put the hanging clip thingy back in.  If you've filled the ornament with something that shouldn't be played with, then glue it in place.
The last step is to tie a pretty ribbon on it and just like that you're done.  This is a super easy, super inexpensive, and super cute way to show your students some love during the holidays. I've included the Amazon links to the mentioned items below. If you purchase any of these things using the links, I get a small percentage and it's no extra cost to you.



Happy Holidays!


All the materials I used can be purchased here:


No comments:

Post a Comment